Leigh Ann has experience speaking in a wide variety of venues to groups small, large, and in between. Speaking venues have included jails and prisons in Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Ohio through “I Am Second Xtreme” and Bill Glass’ “Behind the Walls” prison ministry. She has given her testimony to groups as small as three in a tank, to over three hundred in a prison yard.
To date, she has shared with around 15,000 inmates and guards.
Leigh Ann took part in the Domestic Violence Awareness Coalition/Dallas County Health Care Initiative, where she spoke at the Improving the Health Care Response to Domestic Violence Conference, which was attended by over 200 doctors, nurses, and hospital administrators. This led to the requirement for healthcare providers to ask patients if they are safe in their home.
At UT Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas, Leigh Ann spoke to a large room full of medical students and doctors each October for four years. She discussed how to assess patients for signs and symptoms of abuse, how to get them to talk about it, and how to get them the help they needed.
Other speaking engagements have included college students at Dallas Baptist University and Southern Assemblies of God University (where her book is required reading for several classes for a master’s degree in counseling); probation and police officers at Dallas County Juvenile Department; abuse victims and their families at both Genesis Women’s Shelter in Dallas, Texas and Safe Haven of Tarrant County, Texas; several churches and Sunday School classes, ranging in size from 20 to 250; and various other stages such as a keynote speaker for the 2018 “Just Breathe” Women’s Conference at Destiny Church, as well as numerous Book Clubs and even Candlelight Vigils at Tarleton University and Restland Funeral Home.
Additional experience includes being interviewed, both live and taped, on television and over 20 radio interviews across the nation.
Click here to read about Leigh Ann being featured as the October Fort Worth Mama
Some Speaking Events:
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Huntsville, TX prison weekend event, March 3-5, 2011.
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” DFW Juvenile prison event, June 18, 2011
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Amarillo, TX prison weekend event, October 20-22, 2011.
- “I Am Second XTreme” DFW prison event, January 14, 2012
- Faculty at the North Texas Christian Writers Mentoring Workshop, June 14-15, 2013.
- Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX, October 21, 2013
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Dallas/Fort Worth, TX weekend prison event, November 8-9, 2013
- Glenview Baptist Church, Fort Worth, TX, January 12, 2014
- Southern Assemblies of God University (SAGU), Waxahachie, TX, March 20, 2014
- Book Club Event, Flower Mound, Texas, May 15, 2014
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Dayton, Ohio weekend prison event, July 11-12, 2014
- Bridlewood Moms Book Club Event, Lewisville, Texas, September 16, 2014
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Oklahoma City, OK prison event, September 26-27, 2014
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Dallas/Fort Worth, TX prison event, November 13-15, 2014
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Rio Grande Valley, TX prison event, January 24, 2015
- Book Club, Barnes and Noble Bookstore, Fort Worth, TX January 30, 2015
- Celebrate Recovery, Grace Baptist Church, February 15, 2015
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Gatesville, TX prison event, April 10-11, 2015
- Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX, October 20, 2015
- Bill Glass “Behind the Walls” Dallas/Fort Worth, TX prison event, November 6-7, 2015
- Celebrate Recovery, 121 Community Church, Grapevine, TX, February 8, 2016
- Celebrate Recovery, Harvest Church, Fort Worth, TX, February 22, 2016
- Keynote Speaker at “Just Breathe” Women’s Conference at Destiny Church, Fort Worth, TX, May 12, 2018
“Leigh Ann Bryant’s shocking tale of abuse at the hands of a drug-addicted husband that ended in his death is both riveting and sad at the same time. She really does a great job of connecting with many women in jail; I believe mostly because there are so many women locked up who have been abused in so many different manners. These ladies can see the scene being played out and understand the helplessness that Leigh Ann must have experienced.”
– Jim Harris
Founder of Fly Right Ministry.
“Leigh Ann has a captivating story of pain, darkness, and prison being replaced by hope, light, and freedom!
Working with her at a Bill Glass prison ministry event, and hearing her tell this great story, was truly an honor. Her genuineness shines through and impacts lives!”
– Matt Blagg, Singer/Songwriter
“I worked with Leigh Ann in the Bridgeport Prison Facility in Texas where I saw and heard her testimony. I was literally blown away by her story and the response from the women was truly amazing. You could see in their faces how they understood her pain as she shared her experiences and she definitely made a connection that is not easy to do in a prison. I hope to be teamed with her again because she is humble and sincere and the love of Christ radiates through her in a way that is contagious.”
– Kenny Munds
Kenny Munds Ministries, Scottsdale, AZ
“Leigh Ann, It was great to speak with you to the men and women in prison. I was tuned in from the beginning, wondering how after all you have been through, you have this desire to share it to help others. I watched as inmates were tuned into the details of your life, and how you were able to allow GOD to intervene and hold onto HIM as you went through one of the most trying times in your life. Your Biography is a testimony of how the Lord is searching for the broken hearted and waiting for us to ask Him in and direct our lives. I’m looking forward to how you will be used next. God is using your message to bring others to Him, so never stop telling your story to those who need to hear it. In Christ Jesus name…”
– Duché Bradley
Brand Ambassador for I Am Second Xtreme